Monday, July 9, 2012

Givetvis

As I have mentioned I did not go to school everyday because I used to work. Now, I am on self-study for programming as well just so I could get a better chance in a better job while learning how to be fluent in Swedish.

However, I do try to always bring home handouts and read them as much as my mind is able to understand. Swedish has a "third-word rule" that I still can't quite place sometimes. The list includes ju, väl, and SO MUCH MORE.

For this entry, I want to share the translation of the word "givetvis" which translates to "Of course, dot dot dot"...and we all know you should not take that literally, yes? YES!


Example given: Jag tar givetvis med mig mina hundar senare.

English translation: Of course, I will take my dogs with me later.


That was one of the simple examples I came across this morning. There will be more difficult uses of this word, but we can stick to the basics for now.

Words like ju, väl, and givetvis fall under the "third-word" rule or category. Ju and väl, I will explain in other entries, but for givetvis...I hope you get the drift already.

This is how I understood it. I read and try to piece together rules I have learned with words or sentences every time I discover new ones. Self-study is always how I survive and learn faster. Feel free to let me know of any corrections, though. 

See you on the next entry!

3 comments:

  1. Givetvis läser jag denna blogg. Det vore väl konstigt annars ju? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha tack! Din kommentar är väldigt avancerad för denna blog! :D

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete