Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Random Basic Introduction and Verb Placement

Start: I was clearing my table when I realized that I still have a lot of books that I have not fully answered. So, I browsed through them and saw one of those basic introductory paragraphs one writes about at the beginning of school, and decided to write about it.




Jag heter Citron och kommer från Asien.
My name (or I am called) Citron, and I come from Asia.



Jag är 29 år. 
I am 29 years old.




I Asien var jag webbutformare, men i Sverige arbetar jag som köksassistent på ett cafe, så länge. 
In Asia, I used to work as a web designer, but in Sweden, I am working (or work) as a kitchen assistant in a cafe, for the meantime.



_______________________________________


If you have noticed, the verb var came right after the place, "I Asia". The verb always gets interchanged with the noun right after a place or a time.

PLACE + VERB + NOUN
TIME + VERB + NOUN

In effect, the following sentences would be placed as:

  1. Imorgon ska jag gå till skolan.
  2. Nu går jag hem.
  3. Igår åt vi bär. 
_______________________________________ 


Now, the continuation...


Jag har varit här i ett år. 
I have been here for a year.



Jag bor i Stockholm.
I live in Stockholm.


Jag talar tre språk: mitt modersmål, engelska och svenska. 
I speak three languages: my mother tongue, english, and swedish.





So, there. You may write your own basic introduction if you want :)

No comments:

Post a Comment